Oh man. So I've decided to start from here, in Palermo, since my 12 days in Brussels & Amsterdam were a blur of drinking & staying up too late. While I had the comfort (and bad influences) of a good friend back in Belgium, I was anxious to get out on my own, and especially for the warmer weather (I only packed 2 light sweaters & kind of too many sundresses, anticipating the warm Mediterranean sun, not the chill of central Europe). But before I begin, what you need to know is that, well, I'm a little lost. And at times it's true that I might feel a bit like a lost cause... floating around the universe with no clear destination/purpose/clue. So I've set out on some kind of adventure, a month in Sicily, to see if I can actually be on my own for a while, if I can exist outside of everyone and everything that's familiar. It's not that I expect to find the answers to all my existential dilemmas. I just want to travel a bit and see if I can maybe begin to untangle some of those threads that sometimes feel a bit jumbled. Oh yeah, and I'd also like to eat some really good food.
No comments:
Post a Comment